Monday, February 27, 2006

Mardis Gras Memories

Growing up Catholic in rural Wisconsin, the Mardis Gras festivities were different than in New Orleans or Rio, but they were no less decadent. Spray painting “Class of 89” on the water tower, getting your bangs trimmed for the Ash Wednesday blessing and the infamously debauched Shrove Tuesday pancake supper at the Knights of Columbus. I’d always choose sausage patties instead of links and center them on my pancakes to create crisp, real pork areolas over flat, Bisquick breasts. Then I’d toss my rosary at the plate like the maple-drenched whore that it was.

For lent I’d forsake onanism.

Laissez les bons temps
rouler
!

4 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger maryk said...

Too often I find myself having to wait on getting a punchline while I look up definitions of things.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Brian Bannon said...

Alas, 'tis true. Often the progeny of the provinces mask our prosaic past with an unnecesarily pretentious patois. Just thought it sounded better than jerking off.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger ablebody said...

show your stacks! show your stacks!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Brian Bannon said...

Watch out for those Wisconsin gals. They'll give ya the bis but quick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home