Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Unsafe At My Own Damn Speed!


'77 Pinto Asks "Who is John Galt?"

This is a variation on a theme.

Back in my stand-up days, I did a bit about seeing one of the shittiest cars I'd seen in awhile--cracked windshield, rusted out roof, an old jack sock for a gas cap, even UNDER-INFLATED TIRES!--but on its back was a "Vote Libertarian" bumper sticker. I admired the man's commitment to principle. To believe in a world where money is the sole judge of every man's true worth and be reminded every morning that you ain't worth shit.

Then I'd segue into a bit about Eminent Domain captured here in all my rushed, panicky awkwardness at the Five Spot:

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We may be overlooking the possible undertones of "Who is. . ."

As in, "Who the F*** is John Galt?", perhaps?

It ain't "Damn the torpedoes", but it'll have to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home