Saturday, August 11, 2007

I've Been Seen On Ponce

The Ponce guy posted a pic I took on his turf. He also said some nice things so let me repay the kindly conquistador. His blog deserves its recent acclaim. It has both a sense of place and an expansive vision. Plus a Whitmanesque celebration of both the grand and the gritty. To see the totality of humanity in a spent needle by the John Lewis tribute sculpture may be the real fountain of youth.

But Ponce itself sure has changed over the years. Why, I’m old enough to remember when this check cash used to be a Church’s Fried Chicken. I wonder if you can still get honey biscuits with your money order? Once my $15 Quicken rebate comes in, I’ll be sure to check it out.

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite use of an abandoned fast-food restaurant was that funeral home in the old Dunk-and-Dine. Good times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home