Sunday, June 04, 2006

There Are No Korean Restaurants in Cabbagetown?

If I were looking for Bok Choi it’d be the first place I’d look.

But there is a Cabbagetown Amphitheatre where the young Twinhead Theatre is producing Arden of Faversham. Why that play? I guess for the historical novelty. Supposedly it’s “the first comedy-thriller.” But I still insist that there are laughs to be found in the Benedictbeurn Passion—it’s the way you tell ‘em.

Still, they kept the archane text moving with masks, slapstick and some effective citronella lighting. And what a cool place for a show. Can’t wait to see them do something else there.

An outdoor rock opera? In Cabbagetown?! That’d be neat.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger maryk said...

who was in the cast?

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger rp said...

looks interesting enough...how was it?

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Brian Bannon said...

I didn't know anyone in the group. I think the director works at Aurora. Just a bunch of young GSU and KSU students who started a theatre company.

I liked it fine, but 16th Century Elizabethan comic tragedies are what they are. It's fun to watch as history and to see some new actors/director emerging, but I can't say I wasn't working on some bits in my notebook at times. I might have had a real blast if I'd known where a public restroom was. Only had one Schlitz the whole show.

Still, it's a nice little outdoor theatre. It's a great place for a neighborhood version of Screen on the Green or Improv in the Park. Outdoor arts get local!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home