Friday, February 22, 2008

Putting the Party in Oscar Night

Once a year or so I delude myself into thinking I can do well somewhere other than the Star Bar. It's time to prove myself wrong again.

"Comedy Gold" at
The Warren City Club
818 N Highland Ave
Atlanta, Ga. 30306
ph: 404-475-1991
web:
www.thewarrencityclub.com
(Above the Dark Horse Tavern at corner of N Highland & Greenwood Ave.)

Come early for amazing continental cuisine.
Doors @ 7
Show @ 8

Tickets $10


Some local comics have started a Sunday night show in Virginia Highland--another one of Atlanta's long-standing intown neighborhoods that I've never played. (I need to do a set in West End before I die. And maybe Ben Hill.)

They booked me anonymously through a Myspace message and must've right-clicked that pic of me from my Sevananda Girl post. Apparently they hadn't seen this:



Or my Streetcar audition shot:

I was gonna spend the weekend adding slides to audio from my Star Bar set last Monday--it was a Lenten theme--but now I guess I'll have to figure out how to entertain the Atkins Park/Limerick Junction/Bill Hallman/Alon's Bakery crowd.

Hmm, open with Gluten-Free Yeast Infection or save that for the closer?

5 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Either that, or you could opt for the coveted Busking-on-Ponce gig. C'mon, Brian: Real men crack that Clermont-Lounge-Meets-Zesto's-and- the-Majestic code!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Brian Bannon said...

Your the one with tap shoes, Mr. Hoofer. If you wanna put on a street corner vaudeville sometime I'm game.

A guerrilla gig with time and place announced through word of mouth to a tiny audience of somnambulists.

Kind of like our last show, but on Ponce.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Brian Bannon said...

Editors note: "Your" is a possessive pronominal adjective. "You're" is the contraction of you are.

I typed the former and meant the latter.

Their's all my book learnin' for ya.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OK, so how'd it go at the Warren?

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Brian Bannon said...

About 15 minutes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home