Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Person Of Note

Been busy lately. In some boring, tedious ways and some wonderful, new ways.

I'd thought about filling up some cyber-space by posting a favorite old sketch of mine but it's a bit long and would require a lot of scrolling down. (Nobody scrolls down anymore.)

It was a spoof of the Maltese Falcon set in a check cash run by Bolt Lead, Notary Public. The idea was a hard-nosed, no-nonsense notary who took his entry-level legal duties way too seriously. A couple years later I actually became a notary for my day job. I try not to take it too seriously.

Once I took my stamp to the Star Bar and offered to notarize any lady's chest for the standard $2 fee. I got one drunken client but she wanted to pay with a money order.

Maybe I'll revive the sketch somewhere or record it as an audio piece. If I have the time. Meanwhile, I've got some assigned reading to do.

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger maryk said...

what wonderful new ways, and what assigned reading??!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You should be honored, Brian. If that girl bought her two-dollar money order at a check-cashing place, it set her back at least fifteen bucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home