Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Passion According to Elizabeth Taylor

Ever wonder what the Crucifixion smelled like?

"Elizabeth Taylor's Passion contains a luscious blend of oriental and floral notes. Jasmine and roses are mixed with ylang-ylang and laced with lily of the valley."

Well, it was springtime so using floral scents makes sense, but I'm not sure ylang-ylang was native to Jerusalem circa 33 AD.

I'd always imagined sweat mixed with thorns, a hint of Simon's funk--I hear he liked asparagus--and of course the blood of the Lamb. Most lamb's blood I've smelled was usually drowned out by chick peas and way too much tahini, but then none of those were divine.

Dona Nobis Pacem.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Brian Bannon said...

Huh? Not to dis passion but I'm known for my dispassion.

Why even when I buy passion fruit it tastes cold, detached and analytical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home