Thursday, March 12, 2009

Makeshift Signage

I need some new running shoes.

There's a shoe store in The Old Fourth Ward near where I live, but their sign is kind of faded and has a lot of graffiti on it. It's hard to tell it's a shoe store from the street. So what they do is throw a bag of marijuana over their power line. That way everyone in the neighborhood knows it's a place you can get shoes.

They sell a lot of those basketball shoes with springs in 'em that are supposed to help your jump shot.

And stilettos.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So, it says on the Wikipedia article you link to that the Old Fourth Ward is home to something called the Black Mafia Family.

You know, I doubt if they read Wikipedia much, but there are people who would pay a lot to know about a family called the Black Mafia. You're sitting on a gold mine. Unless-- hmm-- YOU'RE the Black Mafia. Just, um, stay where you are, sir. I'll be right over to see you. And I'll, um, be COMPLETELY alone. Promise.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Brian Bannon said...

I'm the White Sheep of the BMF.

I stash their feta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home